Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Here it is: Lynn and Donovan's Wedding!


Some details.


Lynn did not want any "getting ready" shots but she finally allowed a few. Just a few.


Almost ready and looking incredible.


Some Chinese Laundry purple shoes.


Here comes the bride....




The magic moment, brought to you by Mr. 70-200mm lens.


I caught another kissy kiss.


Donovan's guitar teacher.






Something a little different for a cool effect.




I love this shot.

Here it is: Lynn and Donovan are married - Congratulations!! They were crazy enough to trust me, the rookie, to shoot their wedding. The wedding was awesome - very relaxed and just fun. The wedding was beautiful (as was Lynn) and the reception was great - complete with awesome live music. Donovan seriously brought down the house with Guns 'N Roses Sweet Child O' Mine. It was insane - I'm going to create a slideshow using that music when I get some time. Then Elvis entered the building...anyway, it was incredible - I was fortunate to be a part of it.

Luckily I had some time on the plane to fix up some photos to share. What do you guys think? Likey no likey? Did I do ok? I was really nervous about having to rely heavily on flash lighting, which I'm not very good at - especially since it gets dark so early. I used some remote lighting for some shots. I also rented the incredibly awesome 70-200mm 2.8 lens which allowed me to get up close to the action since I wasn't allowed anywhere near the front. More to come when I get more time to fix em up and post em.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

These are amazing, buddy! You really captured the love and happiness in these pictures. You did a fantastic job!
Congratulations to the newlyweds!

Anonymous said...

Johnny, these are wonderful! We can't wait to see the rest. You are very talented! I'm glad you thought the wedding was relaxed and fun; we did too.

Thanks,
Chris (Lynn's mom)

Johnny said...

Thanks Chris :) My only regret in the whole ceremony is not getting a portrait of you.