Sunday, March 30, 2008

Randy & Victoria's Wedding


I love the veil blowing in the wind.






This is a cool shot for some reason.





I assisted AC today at a wedding. Technically Randy and Victoria renewed their vows after 17 years of marriage and 2 kids. Pretty incredible this day and age if you ask me. Here are some of my favorite pictures from today. The ceremony was simple yet beautiful. Then we went to Cascades Park in Monterey Park to shoot some photos before the reception, typical wedding place that everyone goes to. Hopefully it didn't turn out cheesy - I don't think it did. I didn't do my usual several thousand shots today since the pressure was on AC. I just snapped away casually but I think I got some nice shots. A few more pictures when I get the chance to fix them up then send the whole thing over to AC to edit the rest however he likes.

The 70-200 2.8 is an absolute must for any wedding. AC borrowed the Canon 70-200 2.8 IS lens. That thing is a solid piece of metal that's shorter and thicker than the Nikon equivalent I used for Lynn and Donovan's wedding - but equally as expensive. It was a pretty spectacular lens. I didn't have it and missed a lot of important shots. I stuck to my 50 1.4 most of the day and used my 17-35 2.8 for the wider shots. I didn't use too much flash much so I can't really review the flash diffuser I bought. Instead, I cranked up the ISO to 1600 and things looked fine. People complain too much about graininess but it's really not a big deal. Things used to be even more grainy with film so I think they're just looking for excuses for poor shot selection.

No comments: