Monday, July 09, 2007

The iPhone



My fellow gadget-loving geek Khiemy (See Friends link) stopped by today with a new toy, you might have heard of it - it's by Apple. Anyway, we hooked it up to my wifi and that thing is sweet. Email, web surfing, photo viewing, music, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Yes, I have gadget envy but I'd rather not part with $600 right now.

Mini review: The first thing that strikes you is the screen. It's so clear and sharp that it almost looks fake, like one of those back-lit pre-printed film pictures. Then you start playing with it and it's very intuitive, taking just seconds to navigate everything. Yes, the keyboard was driving me nuts but apparently it's something that you get used to and it gets better. I was impressed by the email features and outlook sync. It even does google calendar, which I use. My one big gripe was the screen gets dirty really quickly but you can wipe it. That and it hangs up a little when you're doing too much too fast - kinda like my old lappy. Anyway, enough gadget envy.

2 comments:

jonthelam said...

Yeah I checked it out at the Apple Store in Pasadena. Pretty cool phone but I doubt I'll be getting one. I'm eyeing a new MacBook or MacBook Pro.

Khiem Tang said...
This comment has been removed by the author.