Saturday, March 06, 2010

Bryana + Brian




Here are a couple of vertical shots of B+B. I've noticed that the more pictures I've taken, the less horizontal pictures I take. I love the top picture and would print it large and put it up somewhere on the wall but that's just me. I hear Costco has some good enlargements for cheap but I haven't tried it yet.

I've been renting the 70-200 lens for weddings but I'm starting to wish I had one for engagements. I'm going to have to invest in one in the future depending on my next gig or two. Unfortunately, they are super expensive and renting is not cheap either. The nice thing about lenses is that unlike cameras, they never really go obsolete. However, I am a big believer in having the right equipment. Speaking of which, this video has been circulating the photo blogs. My opinion after the video.


A lot of photographers have been siding with the photographer (naturally), but I'm going to have to go with Joe Brown with this one. I shot a few weddings using a low end Nikon d70s and go some great results with the right lenses, and Judge Brown knocks her for using entry level equipment, but bottom line is this woman isn't prepared for darker rooms. Not surprisingly, the pictures came out blurry etc. No one really cares about the equipment, true, as long as the pictures are awesome. In this case, they weren't. I don't think having professional equipment makes you take awesome pictures, but I've realized is that professional equipment is important (and expensive) because it's designed to take a beating and still work. For example, with the D3, I just focus on the pictures. I don't even think about the camera. All I know is it's going to do what I want it to do - no matter what the situation. If I drop it on concrete, I can pick it up and continue to shoot. Just my 2 cents. Also, buy insurance!

No comments: