Friday, November 16, 2007

The World's Largest Aquarium @ the ATL




The awesome thing about this wall is that it's curved, so you're standing underneath the surface on part of it, giving you the sensation of being underwater. It even had waves on top.




Don't let this picture fool you, this guy is over 30 feet (9 meters) long.


The beluga whale won everyone over with its smile.



I went to the Georgia Aquarium today and it was breathtaking. They had four 30' whale sharks and some beluga whales too. What was incredible was how immersive the experience was. Not only did they have the glass tunnel but they had this GIANT plexiglass wall (that makes a movie theater screen look like a 13" TV) that you could stare at for hours. The glass was over 2 feet thick! The whole place was arrange like Disneyland with different themed routes that you can take in each section. Anyway, there were a lot more pictures but I didn't want to post too many fish at one time. The bad thing is that this was super hard to take pictures of...the white balance is off so it looks a little too blue. Oh well, I'm not going to fix it.

I also went to the Coca Cola mecca and tasted 62 Coke products from around the world. Some were very tasty while others not so tasty. I'll post some more pics when I get back - I'm pooped.

No comments: