Thursday, November 08, 2007

Future photographer?





Check out my little cousin Cassidy shooting a wedding I attended last weekend. Usually she's super hyper but somehow she channeled her energy to taking pictures with her Dad's Canon 30d. I only had my little Canon SD500 camera with a cracked screen so I didn't take any real pictures there. I thought I could manage without an LCD but it's almost impossible. There were a lot of people with nice cameras attending so I'm sure they had some good coverage without me playing "Uncle Bob" with my big camera. (Term used for amateur photographers, usually relatives, who show up with fancy gear trying to "steal shots" from the hired photographer. This guy is who "real professional" photographers love to hate). I just think it's funny that a lot of wedding photographers are insecure or get intimidated when someone comes in with fancier equipment and bigger lenses...but these Uncle Bob types get in the way of shots sometimes.

No comments: