Monday, May 26, 2008

Class of 2008...Almost


Kindergarten Commencements
Yes, I chose the rainbow belt and clip-on polka dot tie.


UCI 2000

As most of you know, in a couple weeks I'll be finally graduating. I've been busy trying to wrap things up so I haven't taken too many pictures. These are two olden shots of me during graduation. The first one is when I graduated from kindergarten. The second is when I graduated as an undergrad.

The funny thing is I spent around half an hour searching for the picture files thinking I lost my undergrad pictures until I realized...they were in FILM! So I poked around the photo albums and found them. Sheesh I feel old. I tried to spruce them up a little with photoshop but they're just old pictures. What I've noticed with pictures is that the ones you once thought were good aren't really that great when you go back and re-visit them. Sometimes your memory ties them with the good times in your life and you remember them as better than they actually were. So, going by that, never go back and eat the candy you ate when you were a kid. A few years ago,I bought a fun dip and tried to eat it. It was like eating pure sugar - gross. But I loved them as a kid.

Anyway, for my 2008 commencement, I'm going to try to get some awesome pictures. I've already got a few volunteer friends playing paparazzi that day with some nice cameras so hopefully they'll turn out nice. Guys - bring your 200mm lenses and make sure to crank up the ISO since it's going to be indoors :) I'll be gone the later half of the week for a quick out-of-state trip but more pictures and exciting news soon !

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i still don't get the captain hats for commencement, but you my friend, were the cutest little captain with your rainbow belt and polka dot tie. i love it. congratulations on your big day coming up! i'll try to do you proud with the pics. :)

Anonymous said...

Johnny, your kindergarten graduation picture is so adorable! You had the same big-eyed, curious expression on your face back then as you do now. haha I'm so proud of you for your upcoming graduation and for the incredible person that you've become. I remember meeting you for the first time in the dorms at UCI when you were just 17 or 18 and now look at you, so accomplished and talented! It's wonderful that you are both brainy in academics and gifted in the artistic field. Your recent photography work is awesome, and I can't wait to see more photos. Let's shoot together sometime soon.

**Carrie

Johnny said...

Thank you guys. Carrie thanks for the surprise visit!