Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Retouching





Someone's mom was asking where her picture was so I had to throw one in there. But to make things interesting, this is a little before and after action. What I did was a little cross processing, added a border, and sharpened a little. I was going for a cooler look. There are many ways to make a picture have that special look. Images coming out of Nikon cameras tend to underexpose a little bit and under-sharpen. This allows me to tweak these things and bring out the detail. For variety, I like to do some photos in black and white, with a bluish tint, sepia etc. Lots of photo purists don't appreciate the photoshop work but I definitely support it as long as it's not overdone.  

Anyway, I'm back at the ranch and I noticed that I'm constantly missing being at the other place.  When I was back in Socal I missed Texas believe it or not and vice versa.  I really need to make some time to get the photo stuff started here...that'll be my project for the next month.

No comments: