Monday, January 12, 2009


This picture of me and Khiemy cracks me up - we were in goofy moods.  It was taken when I was back home after our group ate at Lucille's in Brea.  Come to think of it...we shared the dinner...then this picture.  What is going on here?!!

Just to mention photos - I've noticed that more and more people are buying some nice DSLR cameras, which is great.  They usually ask me which one to buy and my answer is:

1.  Stick with Canon or Nikon because there are a huge selection of lenses and accessories that are easily available, ranging from beginner's stuff to high end fancy stuff.

2.  If your budget is under $1000, get a Canon Rebel __.  It has great picture quality and is compatible with all the new Canon lenses.  The Nikons D40/60 can't use older mechanical lenses.

3.  If your budget is between $1000-$2000, get a Nikon.  Big high resolution screens and manual controls built for serious photographers will allow you to learn your camera, making the next step up very easy.  I was very comfortable with the D3 after the D70s.  

4.  $2000 and up - either brand is great.  At this point, it's really your own skill rather than the camera that's limiting you.  

Finally, I will say that the camera only matters so much and having a nice one makes your life a little easier.  Unfortunately, having the best camera without the knowledge or artistic sense will lead to boring pictures, even if they are sharp.  The best pictures technically don't necessarily mean good pictures.  Some of my favorite pics are grainy, a little out of focus...it's ok as long as people find it interesting.  Anyway, that's my 2 cents!   More soon.

No comments: