Sunday, October 14, 2007

Jazmine's Quinceanera


Getting the speech ready.




Getting ready at the house.




Purple (I assume her favorite color) was the color of the day.




Arriving at church.


I love this picture.


Mom Celinda was so proud.


On to the reception. Nice details and decorations.


Same crowd as Susy's graduation party - yep they still know how to party.


Suzanne's slideshow.

First of all, happy birthday Jazmine! Yesterday I shot Jazmine's quinceanera and it was simply amazing. What really impresses me is that Jazmine at only 15 is not just beautiful on the outside, but is well grounded and mature. She wrote and gave a touching speech that thanked those that mattered in her life and unlike those stupid MTV Sweet 16s, stressed how NOT important material things are. Her family definitely raised her well. Her aunt Suzanne made an incredible video that started with a sonogram and ended with half the place in tears. I was fortunate to be a part of it.

Anyway, before I get too sappy, here are the pictures. I shot it photojournalistic style which tells the story of the day - almost like a wedding. I got some killer shots and some that exposes me as the kind of wannabe photographer I am. There will be a ton more pictures in the coming days.


Update: I totally forgot to give a birthday shout-out to Khiemy (see link on right) who celebrated his 31st birthday last week. We went out on Friday for some shabu shabu which was delicious but the spiciness almost KO'd me for the quinceanera the next day. I got him The Orange Box as a gift but haven't been able to give it a good run through myself.

No comments: