Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Old and Busted


Cool effect huh? It's a sepia/blue split-tone.

I've been pretty swamped lately so this blog has been a little neglected but I should be posting more pictures of actual people soon. In the meantime, check out this cool rustic wagon wheel picture I took at Craig's house from last time. I try to get some shots of cool things when I'm out taking pictures.

How to take a good picture? I really don't know but here are things that catch my eye besides good looking people:

- Good Lighting: soft natural lighting, like golden sunset time or just cool shadows and shapes.
- Vivid colors: When I see some bright vibrant color, that always gets my attention. Like buildings painting a certain color (see Jazmine's photo shoot in the archives) or flower beds etc.
- Busted up crap: Like this wagon wheel, rusty beat up stuff etc.
- Cool patterns: A row of arches or shapes and patterns are always cool to place someone in front of.

Those are just some things that catch my attention. The great thing is there are no rules. Personally I don't like to shoot too many cliche shots like sunsets. Anyway, more soon hopefully.

No comments: