Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Jeannine + Blake: Ceremony









The special moment






One outside

I'm trying different Photoshop effects these days - hopefully they don't look TOO processed. I don't like it when people overdo the retouching. At the same time, when you don't do anything to the pictures, they look a bit plain. Anyway, I screwed up on one part of the wedding: I accidentally turned off the image stabilization (VR) on my lens and a lot of important pictures, like walking to the front, were blurry :( The image stabilization makes a HUGE difference. Fortunately, I blasted away a ton of shots so a few of them were in focus. I guess that's my tip - take as many pictures as you can since they're free. That's the beauty of digital photography.

Also, it looks like my camera, after 2 years of service, is no longer the top dog camera as it is being replaced by a slight upgrade, the 3Ds. It has an insane ISO of over 100,000. A lot of people are whining that the video is only 720p. Here are my thoughts on video on a DSLR: it is a good feature to have on the side. The key is, it's on the side. Personally, when I take pictures, I'm not thinking about video or anything like that. I wouldn't imagine fussing over trying to take both pictures and video. Maybe if I were the second shooter, I might. But to me, it's really not a big deal at all just because I'm not a huge fan of wedding videos. To me, the camera has to take the best pictures possible and everything else is just bonus as long as it does affect picture taking. But that's just me. Anyway, I'll probably post a couple more then find something else to post on.

No comments: