Monday, October 12, 2009

More getting ready shots



Carrot cake

Ben getting some instructions

Jeannine's handsome dad and one of my favorite pictures from the wedding

Another one of my favorites

Awesome shoes



I've learned that it's pretty impossible for the bride to get dressed on her own. Blake didn't have a problem though.

Here are a few more shots I fixed up. More to come soon of the actual ceremony. Here are a few thoughts on wedding photography that I've learned through the last few weddings I shot:

It's easy and hard. It's easy in that you just point a camera and press some buttons. It's hard in that you can easily forget a setting and leave it on the wrong setting, which may ruin many pictures. I accidentally knocked the image stabilization (VR) off my rental lens (70-200) and my walkway shots were half ruined :(

Travel light. The less stuff you lug around, the better. I've narrowed it down to 3 lenses and one flash, although a macro lens would've come in handy for the rings.

You don't need a lot of fancy lighting. One flash on top of the camera with a fresh set of batteries and a diffuser card, that's it. No need for power packs, cords, umbrellas and other stuff. Also, store bought disposable batteries are way better than the rechargeable ones.

I tend to hold the camera vertically like 80% of the time. I find that if you're holding it horizontally for one or two people, you're probably standing too far away. The trick to most of my photography (which is 99% uncropped) is just getting a little closer.

Anyway, more soon.

No comments: